Marketing your business is a big job. You need to have techniques and methods that allow you to target your customers and clients in a way that fires them up for what you have to offer. Email marketing can be an excellent tool for your marketing strategy if you know how to use it. Here are some good tips to get you going.
1. Emphasize the benefits of your product or service whenever possible. Subscribers will want to know what's in it for them, so tell them--in the subject line, in your links, and in your content. Your subscribers will be much more interested in your message if they feel that it can help them in some way.
2. Once you have the format of your email marketing messages set up, you should check it on multiple email clients. In the same way that different browsers can display web pages differently, a strange email client may show your message in an unexpected fashion. Make use of all of the popular free email clients and ensure that your message is going to appear properly on them.
3. Build your mailing list one person at a time. Start by asking your largest customers to sign up and recommend you to their friends. Word of mouth is the best form of recommendation and you will gain much more business this way as well as have a larger, targeted email list to market your products to.
4. Timing your emails can be of great importance if you want to get the highest open rates. Try to send your mailings at times of the day when people are less busy, such as weekends, evenings, or even early in the morning before the workday starts. Many people are just too busy during the workday to open emails and they may get tossed if too many build up.
5. Consider using text emails instead of graphically intense HTML emails for your campaign. You may be thinking that the graphics will engage your reader more, but it's usually not the case. Many people today have trained themselves to delete emails with lots of imagery, assuming they are spam. As well, those images often trigger spam filters, meaning your message is never received by some people on your email list!
6. Make a plan and follow it religiously. Rushed email messages have mistakes, which are bad for business because they come across as unprofessional at best and actual spam at worst. Set a schedule for writing your copy, having second and third parties proofread and edit it and then sending it out.
7. When you are building an effective email marketing campaign, you need to have the proper sign-up forms on your company website. Make sure you have them on every page, and also make sure that they are in the proper locations on your site pages. This is key to getting the customers to sign up.
8. Make it easy to unsubscribe. Make the unsubscribe link clearly visible in your email, allowing someone to stop getting email marketing. This way you are less likely to get reported for sending spam. Also, if someone has unsubscribed, don't make the mistake of continuing to send them email: that is likely to cause them to complain.
9. One great email marketing tip that your subscribers are sure to appreciate is a Happy Birthday email. Whenever you are collecting information from your opt in subscribers, be sure to include a date of birth field so that you can send them a nice birthday message when that day arrives.
10. Be sure to utilize welcome emails in your email marketing campaign. Welcome emails have the highest open rates, which means getting customers to open and read them. You capture your customer's attention when they are most interested, right after they sign up, so use your welcome email to thank them for subscribing, give them some important information and start to form a relationship with them.
Email marketing can be a great opportunity to reach your clients and customers. If you implement the tips that this article has given you, you are likely to notice that your target market is more satisfied. Use the tips here to create a solid email marketing plan that ultimately raises your profits. Before leaving the site today, I encourage you to browse the opportunities here. Who knows, something might peak your interest. That's all for now, "Enjoy Your Coffee"
Here is the first of many residual income affiliate program articles.
In this article you will learn...
1. What affiliate marketing actually is.
2. Where to go to find products to promote.
3. What to do when you find that affiliate market opportunity.
4. How to start affiliate marketing without websites.
5. How to avoid affiliate marketing frauds.
So let's find out what defines affiliate marketing.
According to Wikipedia: Affiliate marketing is a marketing practice in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought about by the affiliate's own marketing efforts. Basically this means that you get a pre-determined amount of money for selling other peoples products. This is general a percentage E.g 75%, but in other cases this is an already established figure. E.g you will get $1 for every click you send the business owner, via CPV (cost per view) or CPA (cost per action) we will get back to these later.
Where do you go to find products to promote?
The three main places are Market-to-go (MG), Click Bank (CB) and Pay Dot (PD), they are the best free affiliate programs, the reason these three are great to start with is that you don't need any previous experience to sign up with them. Other places such as "Yeah CPA" and "Wolf storm media" require you to have an established list, website and track record. They won't just let you join either, they will check you out, search you, look at your site, ask for proof in some cases and with "Yeah CPA" you have to submit a letter of at least 300 words to one of their managers (daunting yes but I had to do it, and totally worth it if you do CPA).
What to do when you find that affiliate market opportunity
With (MG) all you have to do is go to the website. There you will find twenty or more proven opportunities that you can opt in, and start promoting right away. You now need to choose a product to promote. This is made easy on (MG) and (CB) as they have a search box and very good advanced search features. Make sure you choose a product that you are passionate about, E.g if you liked dogs you wouldn't want to promote cats. When you find your product you need to make sure it sells by doing a quick search on it or looking at how the product is doing via the gravity (on CB). We will teach this in in more detail in another lesson.
How to start marketing without websites
Ok you have a product but you don't have a website or even know how to make a website, you are screwed right? Wrong there are a few ways you can promote for free without a website.
1. YouTube, make a video promoting your product and have a link to your product in your video, lots of people do this now days, but that isn't a bad thing, it's a good thing. If it didn't work no one would do it.
2. Promote it on your Facebook page, make an event with your product on it and make it seem like the only way to get it is through you for a limited time. Or make and actual page for your product and people can like it and buy it from your link.
3. Twitter, make a twitter page and talk about your product on there with a link to the product or Facebook page.
How to avoid frauds
1. Stay away from affiliate programs that have a bad track record, don't sign up to an affiliate program if it costs to join ever, and there are plenty of free ones out there anyway. In fact just stick to Market-to-go (MG) when you start this will save you time and money and you won't be a victim of affiliate marketing frauds.
"Enjoy Your Coffee"
There are quite a number of ways to generate business opportunity leads yourself. You can use tried and tested direct offline marketing means such as telemarketing, direct mail marketing, advertising, distributing flyers, community marketing and advertising. You can use online marketing campaign such as social networking, email marketing, video advertising, search engine marketing, paid ads, etc.
But then there aren't many businessmen who know how to do each one of them, has the time to do each one of them, or would want to be doing each marketing campaign.
Many would rather spend money on hiring an agency that will generate business opportunity leads for them so that they can concentrate on other important aspects of their business. If you are this kind of person, then hiring a business opportunity leads agency would probably be an excellent option.
Actually, all businesses can benefit from hiring agencies to help them generate business opportunity leads. This is because through agencies, businesses can connect with different networks of people beyond their reach. Also, businesses can only lead up to a certain point that they have to seek help from other businesses to continue selling and expanding.
On the part of start-up businesses, agencies that sell business opportunity leads should be utilized right away to reach more people and expand quickly.
Lead generation plays a crucial role in marketing success regardless of the kind of business you have. The equation is simple: More leads equals more prospects; more prospects equals higher rate of conversion; and higher rate of conversion equals more sales and more money for your business. Basically, this is the reason you are doing business. Why not utilize whatever help you can to generate more sales?
Essentially what I'm really talking about here is leverage. If you are able to assign opportunity lead generation to an entire agency, obviously this will allow you to concentrate on any areas of your business that may have been neglected or areas of your business that you feel you have better expertise in.
Of course before picking an agency to find leads for you, make sure to do your due diligence as there are thousands of business opportunity lead agencies out there online and off. All clamouring for your business, although not all with the best intentions. Finding a reputable one shouldn't be to difficult though since there are millions of people on various forums and in various chatrooms that you can query. "Enjoy Your Coffee"
If you are asking yourself the question, what is affiliate marketing, you will need to first understand how it works so that you can put the concept into practice. It is simply to promote and sell someones products or services in return for commission. Here is more information on different types of affiliate marketing.
Affiliate marketing is a promotional strategy that is entirely internet based. E-commerce affiliates are paid for introducing customers to a website or company. Even bloggers and online forum members can become eCommerce affiliates and earn commission for referrals.
So the practice of sending business referrals from online sales people to online businesses is referred to as affiliate marketing. The number of sales and website hits generated with the help of these affiliates will determine the percentage of profits shared between the site owner and the marketer. Some of the most popular ways of earning money through this type of advertising are pay per click promotions, pay per sales, pay per lead, comparison shopping, weblogs and email lists as well as business promotions through websites.
Pay per click refers to an online advertising technique where a promoter pays the referrer if a visitor clicks on an advert. In this method of advertising, the content relevant to the web page is displayed on the site. Web users are more likely to click on these adverts while they are browsing online, thus the advertiser gets charged by the website owner.
There are many comparison shopping websites displaying lists of products or services that are on offer. Many portals support these comparison services, whereby users can compare the prices of these products or services through competitive websites before buying them. This is when affiliates will be able to make money by referring these sites to the users.
Pay per lead is another type of promotion strategy that works every time a customer registers at a sellers website after seeing the advertisement on the affiliates site. The referrer will then receive a set amount of money. Pay per lead is an effective way of earning a steady income once you dedicate some time and effort into it.
Pay per sale works in a similar way as pay per lead. For every sale resulting from adverts that are shown on the referrers website, some commission is given as a share of profits. Product promotion through websites is another great way of making money as there are a lot of sites that offer commission to referrers. Customers can get discounts and rewards by purchasing a product online. This includes free delivery service. So the client is encouraged to buy from the seller.
Finally, emails, forums and blogs can be used as great marketing techniques for developing customer relationships. Blogs and emails are popular ways of sending out promotional messages. Businesses have the opportunity to interact with their potential clients and talk about their products and services through forums and blogs. You may try any of the above strategies for attracting customers to the sellers website. The best thing about affiliate marketing is that the risks are low, and most marketers do not need any money to start promoting businesses. So the question, what is affiliate marketing can be defined as an advertising technique that is based on the internet.
"Enjoy Your Coffee"
Michael Stanley, 55