Here is the first of many residual income affiliate program articles.
In this article you will learn...
1. What affiliate marketing actually is.
2. Where to go to find products to promote.
3. What to do when you find that affiliate market opportunity.
4. How to start affiliate marketing without websites.
5. How to avoid affiliate marketing frauds.
So let's find out what defines affiliate marketing.
According to Wikipedia: Affiliate marketing is a marketing practice in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought about by the affiliate's own marketing efforts. Basically this means that you get a pre-determined amount of money for selling other peoples products. This is general a percentage E.g 75%, but in other cases this is an already established figure. E.g you will get $1 for every click you send the business owner, via CPV (cost per view) or CPA (cost per action) we will get back to these later.
Where do you go to find products to promote?
The three main places are Market-to-go (MG), Click Bank (CB) and Pay Dot (PD), they are the best free affiliate programs, the reason these three are great to start with is that you don't need any previous experience to sign up with them. Other places such as "Yeah CPA" and "Wolf storm media" require you to have an established list, website and track record. They won't just let you join either, they will check you out, search you, look at your site, ask for proof in some cases and with "Yeah CPA" you have to submit a letter of at least 300 words to one of their managers (daunting yes but I had to do it, and totally worth it if you do CPA).
What to do when you find that affiliate market opportunity
With (MG) all you have to do is go to the website. There you will find twenty or more proven opportunities that you can opt in, and start promoting right away. You now need to choose a product to promote. This is made easy on (MG) and (CB) as they have a search box and very good advanced search features. Make sure you choose a product that you are passionate about, E.g if you liked dogs you wouldn't want to promote cats. When you find your product you need to make sure it sells by doing a quick search on it or looking at how the product is doing via the gravity (on CB). We will teach this in in more detail in another lesson.
How to start marketing without websites
Ok you have a product but you don't have a website or even know how to make a website, you are screwed right? Wrong there are a few ways you can promote for free without a website.
1. YouTube, make a video promoting your product and have a link to your product in your video, lots of people do this now days, but that isn't a bad thing, it's a good thing. If it didn't work no one would do it.
2. Promote it on your Facebook page, make an event with your product on it and make it seem like the only way to get it is through you for a limited time. Or make and actual page for your product and people can like it and buy it from your link.
3. Twitter, make a twitter page and talk about your product on there with a link to the product or Facebook page.
How to avoid frauds
1. Stay away from affiliate programs that have a bad track record, don't sign up to an affiliate program if it costs to join ever, and there are plenty of free ones out there anyway. In fact just stick to Market-to-go (MG) when you start this will save you time and money and you won't be a victim of affiliate marketing frauds.
"Enjoy Your Coffee"
Michael Stanley, 55